Toddler (18 months - 2.8 years)
Tanglewood School’s youngest students develop extraordinary physical independence in a spacious well-designed classroom through work and play, learning ways to communicate as they begin to make sense of the world around them. Our Toddler students learn to dress and feed themselves and as they build confidence, are eventually able to use the toilet independently. We enjoy hearing little voices proudly exclaim, “I did it myself!” throughout the day in our Toddler classrooms.
Toddler program staff are trained in Early Childhood Education and Montessori Pedagogy, reaching a maximum 5:1 student to teacher ratio.
Why Tanglewood for your Toddler?
- Specially prepared environment where everything is toddler sized (including toilets and sinks) so that children can explore with confidence and gain independence
- Focused attention on fine and gross motor movements through activities like sorting, stacking, counting, matching, sequencing, pouring, transferring, sweeping, and cleaning
- Age appropriate and nutritious meals
- Natural tree-lined play area for toddlers to explore outdoors twice a day for at least two hours
- Intentional freedom given to toddlers so that they can work independently and take pride in the process they’re a part of, preparing them for the next step to Casa